The NSW Jewish Board of Deputies hosted a lunch to welcome home seven of the ten participants on the Joshua Berger Family Fellowship study tour of Israel.
The 2016 group comprised political advisers, union officials and party executive members. It was the first visit to Israel for all the participants.
The participants were:
- Thomas Aubert – Deputy Director, NSW Nationals
- Benjamin Chapman – Chief of Staff, Health Services Union NSW
- Greg Dezman – Central Executive and Central Council member of the NSW Nationals
- James Fox – Senior Industrial Organiser, Ambulance Division, Health Services Union NSW
- Madeleine Holme – National Political Strategist, United Voice union
- Brigid Meney – Senior Media Advisor, NSW Office of Premier & Cabinet
- Alistair Mitchell – Chief of Staff, Office of Steven Ciobo MP, Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment
- Simone Roworth – Advisor, Office of Julie Bishop MP, Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Luke Walladge – Private media and campaigns consultant and former senior political advisor for Labor Party MPs at the state and federal level
- Felicity Wilson – State Executive member, Liberal Party of NSW
At the lunch, the participants shared their impressions of the mission and their appreciation of the complexities of the region.
The fellowship is organised by the NSW Jewish Board of Deputies and generously supported by Joshua and Lesli Berger.