The NSW Jewish Board of Deputies is the voice of the Jewish community in NSW and represents the community to government, media, educational institutions and other opinion-makers.
We seek to recruit a professional who will assist in our public affairs work, including running events, engaging with government and political parties and providing research and advice.
The successful candidate will have experience in interacting with government and non-government organisations, extensive knowledge of Australian politics and the NSW Jewish community, thorough understanding of Middle East issues and a commitment to representing the interests of the NSW Jewish community.
The candidate should have:
- Exceptional writing and analysis skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Some experience in running events
- The ability to produce quality presentations
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (such as Law, Communications, Political Science, Public Policy, International Relations or Journalism)
- Basic database proficiency
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- A high degree of initiative
The position is suited to a highly motivated self-starter who is willing to work outside office hours.
Apply to Byron Danby, email@example.com with a resume and cover letter by Friday June 28.