The NSW Jewish Board of Deputies is the elected representative roof body and voice of the Jewish Community of NSW.
Our vision is to maintain and enhance a united NSW Jewish community, adequately resourced, enjoying physical and political security as part of a harmonious, inclusive, democratic Australian society.
We are currently recruiting for the new full-time role of Public Affairs Administration Assistant which provides admin support to the Public Affairs team. This includes ensuring the efficiency and reliability of the database as it relates to the membership of the JBD, Jewish community and sectors related to the work of the Public Affairs team.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Public Affairs team, including research and correspondence
- Assist with all NSW JBD events as required
- Assist with all aspects of monthly plenum meetings, including registration and attendance.
- Keep database up to date for relevant areas for the Public Affairs team
- Research and contact constituent and communal organisations to ensure that information in the database is up to date.
- Process membership forms, invoices, prepare mail-outs and prepare the logistics needed for the NSW JBD to run recruitment drives and follow up lapsed members. In addition the PA assistant will help with the logistics involved with JBD elections.
- Assist with intern recruitment and management
- Assist with the leadership course
- Ensure that meetings for the Public Affairs team and committee are set up and cleaned afterwards and assist with other needed logistics for these meetings.
Key Performance Indicators
Under the direction of the Public Affairs Manager:
- Maintain an up-to-date database of all members, Constituent and Communal Organisations.
- Membership processes are streamlined and membership numbers are increased.
- Correspondence is prepared in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure daily office needs for the Public Affairs team are met.
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in the use of CRM/database systems,
- Strong experience in office systems.
- Knowledge of the NSW political landscape and the Jewish community
- Experience in a similar role.
Personal attributes for success in the role
- Ability to focus and complete tasks and projects within the agreed time-frame
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and problem-solve
- A high level of self-motivation, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Communication and team skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with the changing priorities of the Public Affairs team and CEO.
To apply, email your resume and and cover letter to Public Affairs Manager Byron Danby by July 31: email@example.com.