16-year-old Jewish Terror Suspect Charged Over Killing of Palestinian Woman

Bar Peleg 

Jan 24, 2019 10:33 AM

‘The suspect held the rock with the aim of harming Arabs. He forcefully and directly hit Aisha Mohammed Rabi’s head, all in front of her family’.

Jewish minor’s DNA found on rock that killed 47-year-old Aisha Mohammed Rabi.

The 16-year-old Jewish minor suspected in the October murder of a Palestinian woman in the West Bank was formally charged with manslaughter on Thursday. The charges come one day after a court was told that the DNA the Jewish minor was found on the rock that hit her car and caused her death.

According to the indictment, the suspect and other yeshiva students stood on a hill nearby Route 60 in the central West Bank on October 12. The suspect “held a rock weighing close to two kilograms, with the intention of using it to harm Arab car passengers, based out of an ideological motive of racism and hostility toward Arabs everywhere.”

The suspect threw the rock when he noticed a vehicle with Palestinian license plate, according to the indictment. Rabi, her husband and their nine-year-old daughter were driving at a speed of close to 100 kilometers-per-hour. “As the car approached in high speed, the suspect threw the rock forcefully and direcrlty at the windshield, with the aim of harming the car’s passengers and with disregard for the possibility of causing their death.”

The rock smashed the windshield, and according to the indictment “directly and forcefully struck Rabi’s head, all in front of her family.”

No additional indictments in the case are expected, according to sources close to the investigation.

The teen was arrested in late December on suspicion of a racially motivated murder of 47-year-old Aisha Mohammed Rabi.

A gag order imposed on the case prevents the publication of the suspect’s name and age, as well as those of four other suspects arrested in early January and released almost a week later, all Israeli settlers.

Last week, prosecutors had announced that the state intended to indict the teen within five days, but when that period ended, both sides informed the court that the teen had changed his mind and wished to give his own version of events.

“The prosecutor’s office, together with the Israel Police, has operated in the fairest manner and despite the fact that the minor refrained from giving his version of events throughout all of his interrogations, allowed him to have another interrogation…,” the judge wrote.